One day we bought a steam cleaner. Why? Well we kept hearing wonderful things about how fast it cleans, the areas that it could reach, and how it doesn’t leave everything soaking wet. Then we learned the actual benefits that the clients reap. The rest was history.
Focusing less on cleaning for simple appearances and more on the added health benefits, below are 5 advantages of steam cleaning:
- Non Toxic: Steam cleaning kills 99.99% of bacteria and doesn’t require the use of toxic and potentially harmful chemicals such as bleach or ammonia. Only heat and water are used, meaning your car remains free from chemical residue and pollution.
- Child & Pet Friendly: The non-toxic nature of steam cleaning makes your car a much safer environment for children and pets. A common chemical in many cleaning agents is Sodium Hypochlorite that has corrosive oxidising agents; if a child or pet was to make contact with surfaces still contaminated with residue it could burn their eyes, damage lungs, cause skin irritations or illness.
- Allergies: People with allergies and asthma will benefit significantly from steam cleaning. It uses only water and heat to create an all-natural steam that removes dirt and grime from any non-heat sensitive surface. Therefore, it won’t aggravate allergy symptoms or cause respiratory issues.
- Reach: Aside from the obvious health benefits, the high temperature and pressure of steam cleaning kills and cleans in areas not usually reachable by bristles and hands. Creepy critters and dirty usually collect and hid in these crackas and crevices. Steam cleaners with the proper attachment can cover the entire area.
- Mold Removal: Once mold starts growing, particularly in the carpets, it can produce harmful and deadly mycotoxins that can cause a host of health problems. Bleach does not actually kill mold; instead it just turns it white so it blends in with the surface.